Middleport is a village in Niagara County, New York, United States. The population was 1,840 at the 2010 census. The mail ZIP code is 14105. It is part of the Buffalo–Niagara Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The Village of Middleport lies on the eastern edge of Niagara County, mostly inside the boundaries of the Town of Royalton, but a small part is within the Town of Hartland. Middleport is a port on the Erie Canal.
Settlers began moving into the area around 1808. The first store opened in the future village in 1822, before the canal reached the community.
The Erie Canal was opened along its entire length in 1825, and the community became an important location on the canal.
The village was formerly known as Tea-Pot Hollow before it was renamed Middleport.
The Village of Middleport was incorporated in 1872. The first election was held on March 22, 1859. The first meeting of the Board of Trustees was held on March 28, 1859.