Middleburgh is a village in Schoharie County, New York, USA. The population was 1,398 at the 2000 census. The Village of Middleburgh is in the southwest part of the Town of Middleburgh and is west of Albany.
The village is the site where the town was first settled around 1713. It was named after Middelburg, the capital of Zeeland, one of the provinces of the (then) Dutch Republic and the current Netherlands.
"Middleburg" and "Middleburgh" have been used interchangeably in the past, as seen on old maps of the area. In the early 1980s the final "H" was added to road signs outside the village. In 2004, the Post Office finally added the "H". The only "missing H" to be found today is the name on the "Middleburg Diner".
The village was incorporated in 1881.
The historic Middleburgh-Schoharie Railroad was half-based in the village.
The Bellinger-Dutton House, Dr. Christopher S. Best House and Office, St. Mark's Evangelical Lutheran Church, United States Post Office, and Upper Middleburgh Cemetery are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.