The civil parish of Michaelstow is in the deanery of Trigg Minor and Hundred of Lesnewth. It is named after 'St Michael's holy place' and the parish church is dedicated to St Michael and All Angels. The River Camel runs along its eastern edge and the surrounding parishes are Lanteglos-by-Camelford to the north, St. Breward to the east, St. Tudy to the south and St. Teath to the west.
Michaelstow was part of the Camelford Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.