Metham is a hamlet in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England, It is situated approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) east of Goole and 2 miles (3.2 km) west of Blacktoft. It lies 1.5 miles (2.4 km) north of the River Ouse, not far from where it flows into the River Trent and becomes the Humber.
Historically, Metham was in the ecclesiastical parish of Howden in the wapentake of Howdenshire. From 1894 until 1935, Metham was a civil parish in Howden Rural District. In 1935, the neighbouring civil parish of Laxton absorbed Metham within its borders.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.