Meriden has been since 1974 a village and civil parish in the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull in the West Midlands, England. It is located between Solihull and the city of Coventry, and is approximately 10 km (6.2 mi) from Birmingham International Airport.
Until 1974, Meriden was part of Warwickshire. The surrounding countryside, known as the Meriden Gap, forms a green belt between the two urban areas of Birmingham and Coventry. In the United Kingdom Census 2001 the population of the Meriden parish was 2,734.
From 1941 until 1983, Meriden was home to the large Triumph motorcycles production plant, whose original Priory Street factory in Coventry was earlier destroyed by the Luftwaffe during World War II. The company was re-established in 1974 as Triumph Motorcycles Ltd and moved to Hinckley, Leicestershire in 1988.
The village has claimed to be at the very centre of England, and a sandstone pillar-shaped monument to that effect stands in the village green. This mediaeval village cross is a grade II listed artifact. In 2002, the Ordnance Survey defined the Geographical Centre of England to be on Lindley Hall Farm, approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi) north of Meriden at Fenny Drayton, Leicestershire.