Melton and Belvoir Rural District was a rural district of Leicestershire, England, from 1935 to 1974.
It was formed in 1935 from the merger of the Melton Mowbray Rural District and the Belvoir Rural District, with part also going to Melton Mowbray Urban District. In 1936 (a year after the merger of the two districts), a number of parishes were merged again.
The following parishes continued to exist after 1936:
Alterations to parish structure
The following parishes ceased to exist in 1936, probably because of the greater ease in communication between the small settlements. They are shown on either the Belvoir Rural District (Code B) or the Melton Mowbray Rural District (Code M) page. In the list below each is listed with the parish into which it was merged.
The map above is based on the Ordnance Survey Map of Leicestershire, revised 1944 provided by the website A Vision of Britain through Time, produced by the Department of Geography at the University of Portsmouth.