|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Haltwhistle Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Tynedale District, Northumberland, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Melkridge is a village and civil parish in Northumberland, England, on the river South Tyne. The village of Melkridge is in the south of the parish, and is about two miles (3 km) east of Haltwhistle along the A69 road. At the 2001 UK census the civil parish had a population of 212, increasing slightly to 216 at the 2011 census.
Melkridge was a township in the ancient parish of Haltwhistle and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1974 the parish was part of Hexham Rural District. In 1974 rural districts were abolished and Melkridge became part of the Tynedale District until 2009 when Northumberland became a unitary authority.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.