Place:Melkridge, Northumberland, England

Watchers
NameMelkridge
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates54.969°N 2.409°W
Located inNorthumberland, England
See alsoHaltwhistle, Northumberland, Englandancient parish in which it was a township
Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient county division in which it was located
source: Family History Library Catalog
the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia

Melkridge is a village and civil parish in Northumberland, England, on the river South Tyne. The village of Melkridge is in the south of the parish, and is about two miles (3 km) east of Haltwhistle along the A69 road. At the 2001 UK census the civil parish had a population of 212, increasing slightly to 216 at the 2011 census.

Melkridge was a township in the ancient parish of Haltwhistle and became a separate civil parish in 1866 and continues to be a separate civil parish.

Research Tips

  • Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Melkridge. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.