|Located in||Northamptonshire, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||Faxton, Northamptonshire, England||parish in which Mawsley was a extra-parochial tract until 1866|
|Brixworth Rural, Northamptonshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Loddington, Northamptonshire, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1935|
|Kettering Rural, Northamptonshire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1935-1974|
|Daventry District, Northamptonshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Mawsley from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "MAWSLEY, a quondam extra-parochial tract, now part of Faxton parish, Northampton; 3¼ miles S of Rothwell. Population: 18."
What happened to Mawsley during the hundred years between 1870 and 1970 has yet to be found, but the description above is a far cry from that given in Wikipedia. It will be noted that some time in the intervening period Mawsley was transferred from the parish of Loddington to the parish of Cransley.
- "Mawsley is a newly built village and civil parish in the Kettering borough of Northamptonshire, England. At the time of the 2011 census, the parish had a population of 2,320. Until 1 April 2004, Mawsley was part of the nearby parish of Cransley.
- "Mawsley was first planned in 1993 by Northamptonshire County Council, and construction began in 2001. The village is very nearly complete, with a school, doctors surgery and village hall all provided by the developers.
- "Mawsley was built not far from the site of a medieval lost village of the same name, which went out of use by the 1600s." A Roman villa was found nearby, as well as other archeological evidence. In the 1940s there were still two occupied bungalows with the registered address of "The Bungalows, Mawsley" but these disappeared around 1950. These bungalows could be accessed vis Mawsley Lane leading from Loddington."
Categories: Northamptonshire, England | Mawsley, Northamptonshire, England | Faxton, Northamptonshire, England | Luddington, Northamptonshire, England | Brixworth Rural, Northamptonshire, England | Kettering Rural, Northamptonshire, England | Daventry District, Northamptonshire, England