Marton is located upon the A423 road between Coventry and Southam. To the north of the village is the River Leam and just to the west the River Itchen joins the Leam. Due to its proximity to these two rivers, the village has suffered from flooding in the past.
Just north of Marton is a medieval bridge over the Leam known as "Marton Bridge", which was built in 1414 by a locally born merchant called John Middleton. In 1928 a modern bridge was effectively built over the top of the medieval one, and it was hidden from view. However in the late 1990s a new bridge was built alongside and the old bridge was uncovered. Another point of interest in Marton is the Museum of Country Bygones which has a collection of old agricultural implements.
Marton used to have a railway station on the former Rugby to Leamington Spa railway line, which was about half a mile south of the village, but this closed in 1959. There was also a junction called Marton Junction on the Rugby to Leamington railway which opened in the late 19th century. This was the Leamington to Weedon route which not only took pressure off the main lines by carrying coal traffic to the south but also provided the local villages with passenger services to Leamington.