Place:Long Marston, Gloucestershire, England

NameLong Marston
Alt namesMarston Siccasource: when in Gloucestershire before 1931
Coordinates52.136°N 1.777°W
Located inGloucestershire, England     ( - 1931)
Also located inWarwickshire, England     (1931 - present)
See alsoKiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, Englandhundred in which the parish was located
Marston Sicca Rural, Gloucestershire, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1931
Stratford-upon-Avon Rural, Warwickshire, Englandrural district of which it was part 1931-1974
Stratford-on-Avon (district), Warwickshire, Englanddistrict municipality in which it has been located since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Long Marston is a village and civil parish about 5 miles (8.0 km) southwest of Stratford-upon-Avon in Warwickshire, England. The parish had a population of 385 according to the UK census of 2001. The southern and western boundaries of the parish form part of the county boundary with Gloucestershire.

Prior to being moved to Warwickshire, Long Marston Parish was known as Marston Sicca Parish in Gloucestershire. The Provisional Order Confirmation (Gloucestershire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire) Act which transferred it to Warwickshire also changed its name to Long Marston.

Registration Districts

Research Tips

Online sources which may also be helpful:

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Long Marston, Warwickshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.