|Alt names||Marston Sicca||source: when in Gloucestershire before 1931|
|Located in||Gloucestershire, England ( - 1931)|
|Also located in||Warwickshire, England (1931 - present)|
|See also||Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England||hundred in which the parish was located|
|Marston Sicca Rural, Gloucestershire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1931|
|Stratford-upon-Avon Rural, Warwickshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1931-1974|
|Stratford-on-Avon (district), Warwickshire, England||district municipality in which it has been located since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Long Marston is a village and civil parish about 5 miles (8.0 km) southwest of Stratford-upon-Avon in Warwickshire, England. The parish had a population of 385 according to the UK census of 2001. The southern and western boundaries of the parish form part of the county boundary with Gloucestershire.
Prior to being moved to Warwickshire, Long Marston Parish was known as Marston Sicca Parish in Gloucestershire. The Provisional Order Confirmation (Gloucestershire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire) Act which transferred it to Warwickshire also changed its name to Long Marston.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Marston Sicca Rural, Gloucestershire, England | Stratford-upon-Avon Rural, Warwickshire, England | Stratford-on-Avon (district), Warwickshire, England | Long Marston, Gloucestershire, England