Marquand is a small town located in eastern Madison County, Missouri in the United States. The population was 203 at the 2010 census. Marquand was officially recognized and incorporated as a town in 1906.
Marquand was originally settled in 1804 by Capt. Henry Whitener and Michael Mouser, and was known as Whitener Settlement. The town was renamed in 1869 after Henry G. Marquand, a railroad administrator, who donated $1,000 for the construction of a church. The town was incorporated in 1906. In 1924 a highway bridge was built over the Castor River.
1890: Asa Augusta Cook was the first Marshall of Marquand, he and his wife Polly Ann first lived there after marriage. His uncle, Julius "Jude" Cook was presiding judge of Madison County at Fredericktown (county seat) for 20 years. His wife Lulu Cook and their children ran a dairy farm for 30 years, selling milk, butter, & cream to the people of Fredericktown.