Place:Ludworth, Derbyshire, England

Alt namesMarple Bridgesource: village in parish
Mill Browsource: hamlet in parish
TypeCivil parish, Village, Suburb
Coordinates53.417°N 2.033°W
Located inDerbyshire, England     ( - 1936)
Also located inCheshire, England     (1936 - 1974)
Greater Manchester, England     (1974 - )
See alsoGlossop Dale Rural, Derbyshire, Englandrural district of which it was a part 1896-1934
Chapel-en-le-Frith Rural, Derbyshire, Englandrural district of which it was a part 1934-1936
Marple, Cheshire, Englandurban district of which it became a part in 1936
Stockport (metropolitan borough), Greater Manchester, Englandmetropolitan borough of which it has been a part since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog
source: Family History Library Catalog

the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Ludworth civil parish was created in 1896; it had formerly been in the chapelry of Mellor. It was part of Glossop Dale Rural District until 1934 when it was transferred to Chapel-en-le-Frith Rural District. In 1936 it was transferred again, along with Mellor to Marple Urban District in Cheshire. In 1974 Marple Urban District became part of the Metropolitan Borough of Stockport in Greater Manchester.

The civil parish included the village of Marple Bridge and the smaller Mill Brow. Today the name Ludworth is not often used for the area.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Ludworth, Greater Manchester. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.