First occupancy circa 1802. First settlers were Mr. Fabrick, Seth Alcott, B. and D. Eppes, James Hapworth and Elisha Goodwin.
Organized 1823 as Mariaville Plantation
Incorporated February 29, 1836
Previous Designations: Parts of Township No. 14 and No. 20 Middle Division, Bingham's Penobscot Purchase (T14 & T20 MD BPP); Bingham
Bibliography: Honey, Mark E., Mariaville : a history of Wm. Bingham's settlement on the Union River, Townships 14 & 20, Hancock County, Maine ; with a geneology [sic] of her families ([S.l. : s.n., 1986?]) Wasson, Samuel: A Survey of Hancock County Maine; Sprague, Owen & Nash, publishers; Augusta, Maine 1878.