Marcy is a town in Oneida County, New York, United States. The population was 8,982 at the 2010 census. The town was named after Governor William L. Marcy. It lies between the cites of Rome and Utica. The Erie Canal passes through the southern part of the town.
The first settlers arrived around 1773. During the American Revolution, the settlers, having been warned by a friendly Oneida Indian about an enemy raid, abandoned their farms until after the war. The town was resettled in 1793.
The Town of Marcy was formed in 1832 from part of the Town of Deerfield, located to the east.
In 1920, the population of Marcy was 1,919.