- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Anderton with Marbury is a civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It had a population of 582 according to the 2001 census, and includes the villages of Anderton and Marbury.
Marbury was one of the townships of the parish of Great Budworth.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Marbury from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "MARBURY, a township in Great Budworth, Cheshire; on the Grand Trunk canal, near the river Weaver, 1½ mile N of Northwich. Acres: 362. Real property: £743. Population: 17. Houses: 4. The manor belonged, in the time of Henry III., to the Marburys; passed, in 1708, to Earl Rivers; went, by marriage, to the Earl of Barrymore; passed to the Barrys; and, with Marbury Hall, belongs now to A. H. S. Barry, Esq. The hall is a large brick mansion, with stone facings; recently underwent extensive alterations and additions; contains a fine selection of paintings and antique sculptures; and stands in beautiful grounds, which include a lake of 80 acres."