Manuden is a village and civil parish in Essex, England. It is located 6 kilometres (3.7 miles) north of Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire and is 33 kilometres (21 miles) northwest of the county town of Chelmsford. The village is in the District of Uttlesford
The local church is St Mary the Virgin. A tablet in the church commemorates William Wade (1546-1623) who spent his retirement at Battles Hall in Manuden and is buried at the church.
The parish was part of the Stansted Rural District from 1894 until 1934 when it was abolished. It was then transferred into Saffron Walden Rural District. Since 1974 it has been located in the Uttlesford District of Essex.