Mantachie is a town in Itawamba County, Mississippi. The population was 1,144 in the 2010 census. It is located fourteen miles northeast of Tupelo at the intersection of Mississippi Highways 363 and 371 and six miles north of Interstate 22.
The Town of Mantachie began as a crossroads store, which was owned and operated by Woods Pearce. Near Mantachie on the old Jacinto Road was the largest Chickasaw village in this section of the state. Mantachie was named for one of the Chickasaw chiefs, Man-ta-chee, who was killed in a fight with another Chickasaw. Most of the Chickasaws left the village after the Treaty of Pontotoc Creek was signed in 1832.