Place:Magnetawan, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada

Coordinates45.665°N 79.644°W
Located inParry Sound, Ontario, Canada     (1918 - )
Also located inChapman, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada    

Magnetawan's history commences about the year 1865. At that time it was called Maganetawan and was part of Chapman Township. In 1918 it was incorporated as a village separate from Chapman Township. However, in the incorporation process, an 'a' was missed in the name and so the incorporated village was called Magnetawan.

An excellent history of the community is provided in Looking Back with the Magnetawan Women's Institute, circa 1995.