Magdalen Laver is a village and a civil parish in the Epping Forest district, in the county of Essex, England. Magdalen Laver is east of Harlow and of close proximity to the M11 motorway. Magdalen Laver has a village hall and a church called St Mary Magdalen. John Marius Wilson, in his Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72, described Magdalen Laver as:
In the same description, Wilson states that the total population at the time was 213. In 2011 the population was 232.
The parish was part of the Epping Rural District from 1894 until 1955, the Epping and Ongar Rural District from 1955 to 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Epping Forest District of Essex.