Place:Magdalen Laver, Essex, England

NameMagdalen Laver
Alt namesLaghefarasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 103
Magdalen-Laversource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeInhabited place
Coordinates51.75°N 0.183°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoEpping Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1955
Epping and Ongar Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1955-1974
Epping Forest (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog

the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Magdalen Laver is a village and a civil parish in the Epping Forest district, in the county of Essex, England. Magdalen Laver is east of Harlow and of close proximity to the M11 motorway. Magdalen Laver has a village hall and a church called St Mary Magdalen. John Marius Wilson, in his Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72, described Magdalen Laver as:

"A parish in Epping district, Essex; 4¼ miles NW of Ongar, and 4 SE of Harlow r. station."

In the same description, Wilson states that the total population at the time was 213. In 2011 the population was 232.

The parish was part of the Epping Rural District from 1894 until 1955, the Epping and Ongar Rural District from 1955 to 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Epping Forest District of Essex.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Magdalen Laver. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.