St Oswald’s Church is a plain stone building in the Early English style. The stained glass east window is a memorial to the Rev. William Long, who was vicar from 1813 to 1858. Inside the church are memorials to the Phipps family, and to the Marquess of Normanby. The register dates from 1634. There is also a Wesleyan Methodist chapel.
Mulgrave Castle is the seat of the Marquess of Normanby. The estate also contains the ruins of a former residence known locally as Mulgrave Old Castle, which was an earthwork motte and bailey fortress.
The old Red Lion public house has recently been renamed The Stiddy. A "stiddy" is an anvil packed full of gunpowder and fired like a cannon on special occasions, such as the birth of the Marquess' male heir, the jubilee, or the end of the Second World War.
There are a variety of amenities in the village including a local school, tennis courts and a retained fire station.