|Alt names||Geureshale||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 318|
|Luvreshale||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 318|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||West Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||South Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|Yorkshire, England |
|See also||Soke of Doncaster, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||soke or liberty in which it was originally located|
|Doncaster Rural, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district of which it was a part until 1974|
|Doncaster (metropolitan borough), South Yorkshire, England||metropolitan borough of which it has been a part since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Loversall is a village and civil parish now in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster in South Yorkshire, England. It has a population of about 125. Prior to 1975 it was located in Doncaster Rural District.
Historically, Loversall was a township in the ancient parish of Doncaster in the area named Soke of Doncaster.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Loversall. The section entitled "History of the Parish of Loversall" is a practical lesson on the reason behind the maintenance of Bishops Transcripts throughout England.
- GENUKI on Loversall. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Doncaster provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Loversall.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to three maps for what is now South Yorkshire, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1888. The "Sanitary Districts (which preceded the rural districts) for the whole of the West Riding.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding South 1900. The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (the southern part of Bradford, the southern part of Leeds, the southern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the southern part of Selby, Goole Rural District, and all the divisions of Halifax, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham and Sheffield)
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1944. The urban and rural districts of the whole of the West Riding after the revisions of 1935.
Categories: West Riding of Yorkshire, England | Loversall, West Riding of Yorkshire, England | Soke of Doncaster, West Riding of Yorkshire, England | Doncaster Rural, West Riding of Yorkshire, England | Doncaster (metropolitan borough), South Yorkshire, England | South Yorkshire, England