Address: 3445 Frederick Avenue, Baltimore City, Maryland USA, 21228
Phone: (410) 644-9696
Loudon Park National Cemetery was originally established as a plot within the Loudon Park Cemetery. It was one of the 14 original National Cemeteries established under the National Cemetery Act on July 17, 1862. Most of the original interments were from area veteran hospitals. During the American Civil War, Fort McHenry was a prisoner of war camp, and the prisoners who died while incarcerated there were interred at Loudon Park National Cemetery. Land acquisitions in 1874, 1875, 1882, 1883 and lastly in 1903, brought the cemetery to its current size.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Loudon Park National Cemetery.