|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Hartburn, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Long Horsley, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Morpeth Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Meldon, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Longshaws from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "LONGSHAWS, a township in Long Horsley parish, Northumberland; 5 miles N of Morpeth. Acres: 767. Population: 30. Houses: 6.
Longshaws was originally a township in the ancient parishes of Hartburn and Long Horsley, Northumberland. It became a separate civil parish in 1866, but in 1955 it was abolished and absorbed into the parish of Meldon. A Vision of Britain through Time refers to the two ancient parishes given above, but does not state the dates of any changeover. Longshaws cannot be considered a "neighbouring" civil parish of any of Long Horseley (north northeast) or Hartburn (west southwest) or Meldon (south).
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Longshaws, Northumberland, England | Hartburn, Northumberland, England | Long Horsley, Northumberland, England | Morpeth Ward, Northumberland, England | Meldon, Northumberland, England