The civil parish is formed by the village of Londesborough and the hamlet of Middlethorpe. According to the 2011 UK census, Londesborough parish had a population of 182, a reduction of one on the 2001 UK census figure.
Londesborough Hall was a country house in the village but all that now remains is the park land that surrounded the house which is called Londesborough Park.
Londesborough was served by Londesborough railway station on the York to Beverley Line between 1847 and 1965.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.
Londesborough:*A Vision of Britain through Time on Londesborough.