"About sixty-five farms are located within the boundaries of the Locust valley Community, which were determined at the Country life Conference held at the Pleasant View Church in the autumn of 1925 under the direction of M. M. Reger, Miss May E. Prichard, Mrs. Hazel D. Graham, Mrs. Lena Sams, and others.
"The community boundary as then determined may be defined as follows; beginning at the junction of the Rockport Pike and Sams's Creek road leading to Wadesville, and following this to the Belleville Hill road near Locust Valley schoolhouse, thence to the cross-roads near Mr. Wildman's, thence to Eli Store past the Frankhauser schoolhouse; about a half-mile from Eli Store on the Lubeck-Belleville pike, following the road leading up Woodyard past the G. C. Coull farm then to the Ball schoolhouse, from thence to the gravel road leading past Ingold Chapel Christian Church, the Pleasant View schoolhouse, the Pleasant View Baptist Church to the by-road beyond Peter Deem's farm leading over the hill past Winland's to the Rockport pike near Harry Butcher's, thence to the starting point at Sams's Creek road.
"One other schoolhouse, New Era, and the Pleasant Hill M.E. Church, not mentioned in defining the boundaries are located near the central part of this community."
The above was copied from a history published by the West Virginia Division of Culture and History Website. Much more history is on that site.