Lockport is a town in Niagara County, New York, United States. The population was 20,529 at the 2010 census. The name is derived from the series of canal locks on the Erie Canal. The locks lift boats from the lowland of Lake Ontario past the Niagara Escarpment.
The Town of Lockport is in the south-central part of the county and surrounds the City of Lockport.
Many early settlers were Quakers and helped make the area a bastion of anti-slavery. The Town of Lockport was established in 1824, the same year the canal was completed up to the City of Lockport.