Place:Llandybie, Carmarthenshire, Wales

Watchers


NameLlandybie
Alt namesLlandebiesource: Family History Library Catalog
Llandybïesource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeVillage
Coordinates51.817°N 4°W
Located inCarmarthenshire, Wales
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Llandybie (Welsh: Llandybïe, 'Saint Tybie's Church') is a community which includes a large village of the same name situated two miles north of Ammanford in Carmarthenshire, Wales.

According to the United Kingdom Census 2001, Llandybie village itself is home to a population of 3,800, while the community – which also includes the villages of Blaenau, Caerbryn, Capel Hendre, Cwmgwili, Pentregwenlais, Penybanc, Pen-y-groes, and Saron – has 8,800 inhabitants.

It was in Llandybie, in 1943, that the mineral Brammallite was found for the first time. Llandybie hosted the National Eisteddfod of Wales in 1944.

The village is served by Llandybie railway station on the Heart of Wales Line and the A483 road which is the main road. Llandybie Community Primary School is located in the north-easterly fringe of the village.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Llandybie. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.