|Name||Littleworth (near Gloucester)|
|Located in||Gloucestershire, England|
|See also||Dudstone and Kings Barton (hundred), Gloucestershire, England||hundred in which the parish was located|
|Minchinhampton, Gloucestershire, England||parish in which the hamlets were located|
|Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England||city into which the area was absorbed in 1896|
|Gloucester (district), Gloucestershire, England||district municipality in which the area has been located since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- "LITTLEWORTH, two hamlets in the parishes of Minchinhampton, and Gloucester St. Owen, county Gloucester, 1 mile N.W. of the city of Gloucester, of which it is a suburb."
(Source: The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003)
Not found on any map, hence no co-ordinates.
Gloucester Registration District (1837 - 1896)
The parish was abolished in 1896 to become part of the parish of Gloucester.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
- Unfortunately, A History of the County of Gloucester in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online does not cover this part of the county
- Ancestry.co.uk has recently added Gloucestershire Burials, 1813-1988; Confirmations, 1834-1913; Baptisms, 1813-1913; Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813; and Marriages and Banns, 1754-1938. (entry dated 1 Aug 2015)
- England and Wales Jurisdictions 1851 provides a map illustrating the locations of the various Gloucester parishes. Enter "Gloucester" in the search box at the top left, then select the parish required from the list below the search box.
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Dudstone and Kings Barton (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Littleworth (near Gloucester), Gloucestershire, England | Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England | Gloucester Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Gloucester (district), Gloucestershire, England | Minchinhampton, Gloucestershire, England