- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Littleton was originally a small hamlet in Buddlesgate Hundred and still retains half a dozen very old houses dating from the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. The civil parish contains two villages, the other one named Harestock. Littleton is situated slightly northwest of Harestock, and is roughly 3 miles (4.8 km) north of Winchester city centre. It is 1,300 acres (5.3 km2) in size, and is home to around 2,900 people.
Between 1894 and 1974 it was part of Winchester Rural District and since 1974 it has been the ward of Littleton and Harestock in the non-metropolitan City of Winchester.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 3, chapter on Littleton.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons