A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Little Washbourne from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WASHBOURNE (Little), a hamlet in Overbury parish, Gloucester; 3¾ miles NNW of Winchcomb. Population: 28. Houses: 5. There is a chapel of ease."
Wikipedia does not have an article on the hamlet, but does give a description of its redundant church which it states is in the parish of Dumbleton in Gloucestershire.
A Vision of Britain through Time further describes Little Washbourne as a hamlet which became a civil parish between 1866 and 1935. In 1935 the parish was transferred to Dumbleton parish.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
- Unfortunately, A History of the County of Gloucester in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online does not cover this part of the county