The two settlements continued as an ecclesiastical and then as a civil parish until 1935 when a second merger took place, this time with the parish of Buxton as Buxton with Lammas. Buxton is situated across the River Bure from Lammas.
Lammas (often Lamas) is historically an ecclesiastical parish in its own right, and for centuries had its own Rector.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Lammas from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
The two spelling of Lammas and Lamas appear to be interchangeable.
Little Hautbois is a small hamlet, part of the parish of Lammas. The name is pronounced 'Hobbis', and can be seen thus spelled on a memorial on the outside of nearby Lammas Church.
"The church of Little Hautbois, once owned by the monks of St Benet's Abbey, fell into ruin in the 15th century when the parish was amalgamated with that of Lamas. Although ruins were still visible in the 18th century, no sign of the building now remains above ground; the only trace of its existence is a depression in the grounds of Little Hautbois Hall. Little Hautbois has the feel of an isolated rural community now, but two former main transport routes pass through it: the River Bure, canalized in the 18th century to allow navigation up to Aylsham, and the Bure Valley Railway, now a light steam railway but formerly a full-sized railway." (Source: Wikipedia on Little Hautbois) The article also includes a description of Little Hautbois Hall.