Little Bromley is a village and civil parish in the Tendring District of Essex. The name "Bromley" is Old English for "broomy wood/clearing". The village lies 9 kilometres (6 mi) east northeast of Colchester and 3 kilometres (2 mi) south of Manningtree. It is surrounded by the parishes of Lawford, Ardleigh, Great Bromley, Little Bentley, and Mistley. The parish area is about 7.5 square kilometres (1,853 acres); the 2001 census reports a population of 289. Most of the population lives on Bromley Road, the main road between Lawford and Little Bentley.
The population was reported to be 426 in the 1841 census and 361 in the 1911 census.