Place:Little Bentley, Essex, England

Watchers
NameLittle Bentley
Alt namesBenetleasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 103
Benetleiasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 103
TypeCivil parish
Coordinates51.883°N 1.067°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoTendring Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1974
Tendring (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Little Bentley is a village and civil parish in the Tendring District of Essex. It sits on rising ground just to the west of the Holland Brook.

The church is dedicated to Saint Mary. The living is in the gift of Balliol College.

The parish was part of the Tendring Rural District from 1894 until 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Tendring District of Essex.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Little Bentley. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Fundraiser
Help fund new features!