|Alt names||Berdefelda||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 100|
|Birdefella||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 100|
|Byrdefelda||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 100|
|Located in||Essex, England|
|See also||Dunmow Rural, Essex, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Uttlesford (district), Essex, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Little Bardfield is a village in the English county of Essex. The parish of Little Bardfield comprises the village of Little Bardfield and two hamlets: Hawkspur Green and Oxen End, which are all surrounded by farmland. Little Bardfield is a small scattered village on the southwest side of the vale of the river Pant. In 1774, Mrs. Sarah Bernard, widow of the Rev. Thomas Bernard, by will, directed her executors to cut down all the timber in Halsted Grove. With the proceeds of this, they erected a School and 5 terraced Almshouses. A minor road winds through Little Bardfield which connects Thaxted (3 miles to the west) to Great Bardfield (1 mile to the southeast). It has a small ancient tiled Church dedicated to St Katharine with an Anglo-Saxon tower.
The parish was part of the Dunmow Rural District from 1894 until 1974. Since 1974 it has been located in the Uttlesford District of Essex.