Lisnaskea is the second-biggest settlement in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. It had a population of 2,739 people in the 2001 Census. The town is built around the long main street, which bends at almost 90 degrees along its course.
Lisnaskea was once the seat of the Maguire Clan. This strategic importance led to the town changing hands many times over the years. Sir Michael Balfour took control of the town during the Plantation of Ulster. In 1618, he oversaw the building of Castle Balfour, just off the village's main street. The castle was inhabited until the early 19th century and is now undergoing restoration. In 1821 the village came under the control of the Earls of Erne. They established the market in the town whilst bolstering and controlling development around the high street.