NOTE: There are two places named Linton in Herefordshire. This one is in the northeast, just to the east of the town of Bromyard and close to the border with Worcestershire. The second is in the southeast of the county, bordering Gloucestershire. This second place is described as Linton (near Ross-on-Wye).
Linton (by Bromyard) was a township until 1866 when it became a civil parish. It was abolished as an ecclesiastical parish in 1891. A Vision of Britain through Time does not state which parish absorbed it at that time.
Wikipedia refers to Linton (Bringsty), but does not have an article. Bringsty appears to be a former settlement in the parish. See the Wikipedia article Bringsty Common.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Linton (by Bromyard) from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72: