A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Linsheeles from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
Linsheeles was originally a township in the ancient parish of Holystone, Northumberland. It became a separate civil parish in 1866, but in 1955 it was abolished and absorbed into the neighbouring parish of Alwinton. (Source: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10322420 A Vision of Britain through Time])
Linsheeles is west of Alwinton.