Liffey is a town south-west of Launceston, Tasmania, Australia. It was named by Captain William Moriarty, from Ireland. The town is situated in rainforest, on the Liffey River at the foot of the Great Western Tiers. Nearby towns are Bracknell and Blackwood Creek.
The most notable attraction in the area is Liffey Falls.
Liffey Post Office opened on 16 August 1887 and closed in 1973.