|Alt names||Lepinton||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 307|
|Located in||East Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Scrayingham, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||parish into which it was merged in 1935|
|Norton Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which the parish was situated|
|Ryedale District, North Yorkshire, England||administrative district in which it is now located|
|Buckrose Wapentake, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "LEPPINGTON, a township-chapelry in Scrayingham parish, [East Riding of] Yorkshire; 4 miles NNE of Stamford Bridge [railway] station, and 7½ SW by S of New Malton. Post town, New Malton. Acres: 1,163. Real property: £2,404. Pop: 132. Houses: 23. The manor belongs to Lady Mary Vyner. Gypsum is found. The living is annexed to the rectory of Scrayingham, in the diocese of York. The church was built in 1811, and was once a chantry to Missenden."
In 1935 the civil parish of Leppington was abolished and the area was merged into the civil parish of Scrayingham, the ecclesiastical parish in which it was located. The area was covered by the Buckrose Wapentake. Until the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Scrayingham was located in Norton Rural District and since then in the Ryedale district of North Yorkshire, England.