Place:Ledbury, Herefordshire, England

Watchers


NameLedbury
Alt namesLiedebergesource: Domesday Book (1985) p 128
TypeTown
Coordinates52.033°N 2.417°W
Located inHerefordshire, England
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Ledbury is a Herefordshire market town, lying east of Hereford, and south of the Malvern Hills.

It has a significant number of timber-framed structures, in particular along Church Lane and High Street. One of its most outstanding is the Market House, built in 1617, located in the town centre. Other notable buildings include the parish church of St. Michael and All Angels, the Painted Room (containing sixteenth-century frescoes), nearby Eastnor Castle and the St. Katherine's Hospital site. Founded c.1231, this is a rare surviving example of a hospital complex, with hall, chapel, a Master's House, almshouses and a timber-framed barn.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Ledbury. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.