|Type||Chapelry, Civil parish|
|Located in||Oxfordshire, England|
|See also||Chadlington Hundred, Oxfordshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Shipton under Wychwood, Oxfordshire, England||ecclesiastical parish of which it was a chapelry|
|Chipping Norton Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Cornbury and Wychwood, Oxfordshire, England||civil parish to which part was transferred in 1949|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Leafield is a village and civil parish about 4 miles (6.4 km) northwest of Witney in West Oxfordshire. The parish includes the hamlet of Langley, 1 mile (1.6 km) west of Leafield village. The 2011 UK census recorded the parish's population as 945.
The village is 635 feet (194 m) above sea level in the Cotswold Hills. It was the highest point in Oxfordshire until the 1974 county boundary changes enlarged the county.
Leafield was a chapelry in the ecclesiastical parish of Shipton under Wychwood but became a separate civil parish in 1866.
Categories: Oxfordshire, England | Leafield, Oxfordshire, England | Chadlington Hundred, Oxfordshire, England | Shipton under Wychwood, Oxfordshire, England | Cornbury and Wychwood, Oxfordshire, England | Chipping Norton Rural, Oxfordshire, England