Leadhills is a village in South Lanarkshire, Scotland, 5¾ miles WSW of Elvanfoot. Population (1901) 835. Originally known as Waterhead, It is the second highest village in Scotland at an average height of above sea-level, near the source of Glengonnar Water, an affluent of the River Clyde.
Prior to 1975, Leadhills was in the parish of Crawford in the county of Lanarkshire.
For research tips for Leadhills see Crawford Parish.