Lawrence Park Township is the only first class township in Erie County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 4,048 at the 2000 Census, at which time it was also a census-designated place. The 2010 census counted a population of 3,982, for a decline of 1.6% during the decade.
The township was established in 1910 as a company town for General Electric. It was named after The USS Lawrence, Flagship of Oliver Hazard Perry, and her namesake, James Lawrence, commander of the USS Chesapeake during the War of 1812.