The parish church is built of limestone, dedicated to All Saints, and is a Grade I listed building dating from the 12th century. It was restored and the chancel rebuilt in 1894 by Bodley and Garner. In the south aisle is a 14th-century full length brass, reset in 1549, to a member of the D'Alison family.
The village of Wildsworth (a separated parish 1866-1974) is 2.5 miles (4.0 km) to the west on the bank of the River Trent. It had a yellow-brick church, dedicated to St. John the Divine, built in 1838 by Charles Biggs. It was declared redundant by the Diocese of Lincoln in 1982 and demolished two years later. It is still listed  on the National Heritage List for England as a Grade II listed building, where it is described as disused.
Nearby is Laughton Forest, mostly privately owned but leased to the Forestry Commission, which was created in the 20th century on a sandy heath.
Lincolnshire is very low-lying and land had to be drained for agriculture to be successful. The larger drainage channels, many of which are parallel to each other, became boundaries between parishes. Many parishes are long and thin for this reason.
There is much fenland in Lincolnshire, particularly in the Boston and Horncastle areas. Fenlands tended to be extraparochial before the mid 1850s, and although many sections were identified with names and given the title "civil parish", little information has been found about them. Many appear to be abolished in 1906, but the parish which adopts them is not given in A Vision of Britain through Time. Note the WR category Lincolnshire Fenland Settlements which is an attempt to organize them into one list.
From 1889 until 1974 Lincolnshire was divided into three administrative counties: Parts of Holland, Parts of Kesteven and Parts of Lindsey. These formal names do not fit with modern grammatical usage, but that is what they were, nonetheless. In 1974 the northern section of Lindsey, along with the East Riding of Yorkshire, became the short-lived county of Humberside. In 1996 Humberside was abolished and the area previously in Lincolnshire was made into the two "unitary authorities" of North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire. The remainder of Lincolnshire was divided into "non-metropolitan districts" or "district municipalities" in 1974. Towns, villages and parishes are all listed under Lincolnshire, but the present-day districts are also given so that places in this large county can more easily be located and linked to their wider neighbourhoods. See the WR placepage Lincolnshire, England and the smaller divisions for further explanation.