- source: Family History Library Catalog
John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-1872) provides this description for Laskill Pasture:
- "LASKILL-PASTURE, a township in Helmsley parish, [North Riding of] Yorkshire; on the river Rye, 6 miles NNW of Helmsley. Acres: 3,008. Population: 105. Houses: 16. The manor belongs to Lord Feversham. Here is a Quakers' chapel. Some substructions, supposed to be remains of a monastery, were discovered in 1855."
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Laskill Pasture was part of Helmsley Rural District.