Lasborough is a settlement in Gloucestershire, England. Since 1935 it has been part of the Westonbirt with Lasborough civil parish. Lasborough lies to the west of the A46, about two miles north of Leighterton, two miles south of Kingscote and five miles west of Tetbury.
Lasborough is an ancient settlement, with remains of a Roman villa nearby, and lay on the Roman road from Bath to Chavenage Green. In 1086, the Domesday Book records it as being part of the estate of "William son of Baderon".
Lasborough was considered to be an "ancient parish", but it has never been a "civil parish". (Source:A Vision of Britain through Time) The neighbouring village of Westonbirt was the parish in which Lasborough was located. The two villages are now sister communities in one civil parish. The two villages were largely depopulated in the middle ages, with only the manor house and the church surviving in Lasborough.
The manor house, which dated from 1319, belonged to the Estcourt family from 1598. The manor house was rebuilt about 1610 as Lasborough Manor (later Lasborough Farm), and the surrounding land enclosed, by Sir Thomas Estcourt (1569-1624). He served as a Justice of the Peace and a Sheriff, as well as two periods as an MP, first for Malmesbury and later for Gloucestershire.
Lasborough House was built in the 1790s on part of the estate of Lasborough Farm for the then owner, Edmund Estcourt, by the architect James Wyatt in a castellated neo-Gothic style.
Online sources which may also be helpful: