|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Broxton (hundred), Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was once situated|
|Nantwich Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-1853|
|Whitchurch Registration District, Shropshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1853-1937|
|West Cheshire Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1937-1974|
|Malpas Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1936|
|Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1936-1974|
|Chester City (borough), Cheshire, England||district in which it was located 1974-2009|
|Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England||unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
|Malpas, Cheshire, England||ancient parish in which it was located|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Larkton is a civil parish which, since 2009, has been located in the Borough of Cheshire West and Chester and ceremonial county of Cheshire in England. According to the 2001 UK census it had a population of 28.
Prior to 1866 Larkton was a township in the ancient parish of Malpas in the Broxton Hundred. Larkton had a population of 50 in 1801, 54 in 1851, 34 in 1901, and 53 in 1951. (Source:GENUKI)
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Broxton (hundred), Cheshire, England | Nantwich Registration District, Cheshire, England | Whitchurch Registration District, Shropshire, England | West Cheshire Registration District, Cheshire, England | Malpas Rural, Cheshire, England | Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England | Chester City (borough), Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England | Malpas, Cheshire, England | Larkton, Cheshire, England